GOOD KARMA MAC & CHEESE
Preparing this great Mac & Cheese will always bring you Good Karma!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35-45 minutes
• 1 Pound Macaroni (we also use Penne Rigate or Cellentani)
• Good Karma Sauce®
• A variety of garnishes including any of the following: chopped peanuts or dukkah, chopped green onions or thin sliced red onions, bread crumbs toasted in butter, chopped fried bacon
For the cheese sauce
• 5 Tablespoons flour
• 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
• 3 Cups whole milk
• 12 Oz. shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese (such as Shtayburne or Yancey’s)
• 2 Teaspoons Chipotle Mustard (from The Karma Sauce Co.)
• 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
• ½ Teaspoon salt
Heat a saucepan large enough to hold all the sauce and pasta to medium. Add the butter and flour to the pan and cook will whisking to form a roux. Continue whisking until the roux reaches a light tan color (5-10 minutes).
Gradually add the milk to the roux while whisking to avoid lumps. When sauce has thickened whisk in mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
Reduce heat to very low. Stir in cheese.
Prepare the pasta according the instructions on package (for al dente).
When pasta is finished, drain and immediately toss into the sauce to combine.
Transfer past and cheese sauce to platter or plates. Dollop generously with Good Karma Sauce (or any type you prefer!). Add garnishes and serve. Enjoy!